ADSM-L

Re: AD Backup -- creation date

2005-09-09 09:27:05
Subject: Re: AD Backup -- creation date
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:26:30 +0500
Hmmm that means my windows 2000 domain controller is in trouble. Since this is
Active Directory backup..

Can you kindly identify what could cause Active Directory files to be at this
time? I have all the security patches and windows patches installed on my
server.

Kind Regards
Sandra

 ---- rbs AT BU DOT EDU wrote :
> A file is created in a file system by an application program.
> Conventionally, the creating program allows the operating system to
> timestamp the file. If that was the case here, then it would suggest
> that the system clock on that system was frotzed. Alternately, a
> creating program can meddle with timestamps - unusual, but possible.
> And, there can be the dramatic human interventions by junior
> administrators...
>
> I would have that client system checked out. You probably have other,
> similar systems and backup files to compare it to, which may be
> illuminating.
>
> I'm not aware of a TSM defect which could contribute to this, so I
> would look to the system involved as the principal cause of the
> issue. If no TSM defect, then it was simply the case that TSM backed
> up the data in full fidelity, and you ended up with what was there at
> the time. You could try restoring a test case and see what the client
> administrator can do with that.
>
>     Richard Sims
>
> On Sep 9, 2005, at 8:21 AM, Sandra wrote:
>
> > Creating Program??? I have taken backup using TSM and I am using it
> > restore AD. When I go to restore, under active directory, the
> > creation date is 01/01/1601 and the backup date is fine., that is
> > the one when it is backed up. all the active and inactive versions
> > show this date.
> >
> > Can you kindly enlighten me on how can I rectify this??

 Sent via SUPERwebmail - Supernet web-based email service
 http://www.super.net.pk/mail