ADSM-L

Re: retrieve problem with GUI interface

2005-09-08 11:35:57
Subject: Re: retrieve problem with GUI interface
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:35:34 -0400
> Hi TSM ers
>
> I have a problem when retrieving object from GUI interface. There is no
> error message but I can't list the content of directories to retrieve. Can
> you help me to bypass this problem ???

When we see this kind of problem at our site it is frequently the result
of using the wrong account. Under Unix, retrieving or even listing
archived files normally requires being either root or the owner of
the files. I think there are analogous rules for Windows, but I couldn't
find any discussion of this point in the Windows client manual.