ADSM-L

I want to prevent non-library tapes from checking in.

2005-09-07 15:42:40
Subject: I want to prevent non-library tapes from checking in.
From: Bill Vangel <BVangel AT PENNTRAFFIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:25:40 -0400
We have 2 libraries that use 3590 tapes, one mainframe and one UNIX. The
problem arises when an operator puts a non-UNIX tape in my library it will
check in that tape and make it available for use. I want to know if I can
prevent this with the use of one of the following parameters: VOLRange or
VOLList? If so how or is there a better way to do this if it can be done?

The mainframe tapes have the volser range of 9xxxxx and the UNIX volser
range is Axxxxx.
The checkin command I currently use is: checkin libv 3494a "$i"
status=scratch devt=3590

Anything information to help would be greatly appreciated.