ADSM-L

Re: LTO3 tapes problem !

2005-09-07 10:58:20
Subject: Re: LTO3 tapes problem !
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:57:40 -0400
I have a PMR open with Tivoli also and have gotten similar
answer to Bill's. No clear explanation why, though.

Part of answer was  "the media is seen the same for both LTO1
and LTO3 drives".  Huh?

I am still doing research and testing myself - when I have time!

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU 09/07/05 10:40 AM >>>
Bill Boyer reported a similar problem on this list a couple of weeks ago.
He said he had a PMR open with IBM and had not been resolved:

http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg60289.html

I think you should call support.
If you get an answer for sure, please let us know.

It's not clear to me that "mixed media" support is working in TSM 5.3.1; or
whether it is different for different libraries 3583, 3584, SCSI.
It would be very helpful if we could get a definitive answer.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)