ADSM-L

Another question about server to server

2005-09-05 05:41:11
Subject: Another question about server to server
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:42:37 +0300
Hi to All

I ceated a server to server backup db from Server1 source (Windows)  to
Server2  target (Unix) working like a dream .......

Here some outputs:

Server1:    q drmedia * source=dbs

   Volume Name        State               Last Update
                                                       Date/Time
----------------   -----------------   -------------------
ADSM.DBS.125757-   Remote              09/03/2005 16:30:18
 818
ADSM.DBS.125671-   Remote              09/02/2005 16:30:18
 418

Server2:  q fi postbackn
              q occ postbackn
              q vol 000032L2  f=d
              q content 000032L2

(look the file attach for those output's)

I run every day  an expire inventory on Server1 and Server2 and before the
backup db I run on Server1 (source):

   delete volhistory todate=today-2 totime=now+1 type=DBS

My question is I saw correctly two DBS series as I wanted but the tape on
server2 (target) is growing  sawing 0.0 Pct.Reclaimable space despite of my del
voh every day and expiration.

Did I miss something I expect that my pct.reclaimable will grow (by deleting my
old DBS) I check to my policy of this client (of type server) and my archive
copy group is correct and activate for just 3 days

Any ideas !!!!

Regards Robert Ouzen
E-mail: rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il