ADSM-L

Re: [api] Admin API commands

2005-09-04 21:43:39
Subject: Re: [api] Admin API commands
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:43:13 -0400
Maurice,

As I understand it the new web admin tools in 5.3 employ a new administrative
api.  Now, if
we could just get that published so we could use it.....

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris

AIX and TSM Administrator
Sydney, Australia

> Hi,
>
> Becaurse the current TSM Admin tools are pretty complex, i want to write an
> admin client
like the good old 3.1 version for Windows; simple as possible, so even the
part-time TSM'ers
in small environments can do simple management.

> Of course i can use dsmadmc as "interface" between the tool and the server,
> but is there
also an API set anywhere what i can use for admin commands, so i can keep all
the code in 1
file?

> And for the people who's interested: I will keep it open source freeware....
>
> Regards,
> Maurice van 't Loo
>
> PS. If Tivoli decides to make the 3.1 windows admin client open source, i
> will be more
happier of course :-)