ADSM-L

Re: your thoughts on mirroring DB

2005-09-02 17:39:23
Subject: Re: your thoughts on mirroring DB
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:38:22 -0500
I fall into the paranoid realm having had two 99.99% arrays go off-line
for 3 days at the same time.  We mirror our DB & Log at the array level
and we TSM mirror to a different array in a different building.
We use roll forward logs and the DB backup goes off-site everyday.
With no type of RAID protection (I think this is what you mean) a disk
failure is more than "unlikely", it is probable.

Andy Huebner