ADSM-L

Re: Dual write to multiple copy storage pools

2005-09-02 10:35:16
Subject: Re: Dual write to multiple copy storage pools
From: Jon Evans <Jon.Evans AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:34:47 +0100
Ok.. Thanks for your responses Mark!

Ive been looking into this since your last post...

 lets see if I understand this correctly..

According to the admin ref guide for version 5.2..

"Simultaneous Write to a Primary Storage Pool and Copy Storage Pools

 To simultaneously write data to a primary storage pool and one or more
copy storage pools, you can specify a list of copy storage pools in a
primary storage pool definition using the COPYSTGPOOLS parameter. When a
client backs up, archives, or migrates a file or when the server imports
a file, the file is written to the primary storage pool and is
simultaneously stored into each copy storage pool."

Presumably, this means that if I upgrade to 5.2 or above I can achieve
my goal.. which is... to write backups to two different pools (one
primary, one copystg pool) in two different locations (all connected by
fibre) simultaneously.. ie read the data from each client ONCE, and then
write it to two locations simultaneously.

Do you agree?

Thanks

Jon