ADSM-L

Re: Monthly full backups with MODE=ABSOLUTE

2005-09-02 10:28:28
Subject: Re: Monthly full backups with MODE=ABSOLUTE
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:20:05 -0400
If you need to be able to do month end restores for seven years why not let TSM
work as designed and just save your incrementals for seven years.  Depending on
your rate of data change, that could well be less data than FULL monthlies.

David

>>> bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET 09/02/05 4:26 AM >>>
Yes, but they need the whole server backed up each month. They have a
requirement to be able to restore any file to a month-end
point-in-time or the whole server. So it's not just the data I need, but the
System Object to be able to do the BMR.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??