ADSM-L

Re: system object backup fails

2005-09-02 09:10:39
Subject: Re: system object backup fails
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:10:19 -0600
Hello Callie,

I have no explanation for how the command you have specified works on
other Windows machines. I would be very curious to see a dsmsched.log file
that captures a successful execution of this command, because I do not see
how it is possible. When you pass a string like this to the Windows
command processor:

c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmc backup systemobject

It is going to think that the executable is "c:\program", which probably
does not exist on your system.

Maybe on your working machines you installed TSM into a directory that
contains no blank spaces in its name, or you used the short name:

   c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmc backup systemobject

or

   c:\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmc backup systemobject

Without a space in the directory name, Windows can parse the executable
and arguments correctly.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-09-01
20:23:33: