ADSM-L

Sessions in RUN state more than RECVW state

2005-09-02 04:31:25
Subject: Sessions in RUN state more than RECVW state
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:31:17 -0400
TSM Server 5.2.4.4 on AIX 5.2
TSM Clients 5.1 and higher on multiple platforms.

For about 2-days now I've been noticing that backups are taking longer than
normal. When I watch the sessions, I see that they spend
a lot of time in the RUN state. It switches to RecvW and you can see the Bytes
Received go up a bit, but then back to RUN. My
database backup which normally runs about 2-hours, took a little over 4-hours.
My DB is 87% of 225GB. The server has been up since
8/18/05.

Bill Boyer
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??