ADSM-L

Re: Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?

2005-09-01 08:42:47
Subject: Re: Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:42:15 -0400
The tsm db performs highly random accesses.  Something else you may need to
do is stripe the db across more disk drives.  When we moved one of our tsm
db's
to a new storage system and stripped it across all the drives, our
expiration went from running +3 days down to half a day, and, backups
dropped
from 4-5hr down to 1hr.

Rick

                      "Cardoza, George"
                      <George.Cardoza@P        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      SHS.NET>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Trouble when
TSM-database reaches 100Gb?
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      09/01/2005 07:38
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

We run DBs of 200 and 300GB respectively on pSeries AIX servers.

They run just fine, so yes, just get a faster server and you will be fine.

George Cardoza