ADSM-L

Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?

2005-09-01 04:29:15
Subject: Trouble when TSM-database reaches 100Gb?
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <HCR AT STERIA DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:16:52 +0200
Hello,

we are experiencing throughput problems on our TSM-installation. Apart
from he obvious that we have too few tape drives, bottlenecks in our LAN
and an old AIX-box, we got a suggestion to add another TSM-server. The
reason was that the performance degrades when the TSM-database reaches
about 100Gb in size.

We find it a little troublesome to add a new TSM server every time we
reach 100 Gb, we would rather just buy us a new AIX-box which is 5 times
faster.

So I ask you if this 100 Gb limitiation really applies. What is your
experience with this?

Server version 5.2.3.3
Ca. 100 clients.

Best regards