ADSM-L

Re: SQL query problem on collocgroup table

2005-08-29 12:40:14
Subject: Re: SQL query problem on collocgroup table
From: William Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:39:37 -0400
Hi,

I have noticed a lot of strangeness about the collocgroup table in sql.

Consider these 2 queries -

select count(*) from collocgroup

 Unnamed[1]
-----------
         10

select count(node_name) from collocgroup

 Unnamed[1]
-----------
        183

Pretty weird, huh?

What you expect from an sql table is this -

select count(*) from nodes

 Unnamed[1]
        184

select count(node_name) from nodes