ADSM-L

Re: Anyone seen TDP Domino blue screen a Windows2000 server??

2005-08-25 16:17:03
Subject: Re: Anyone seen TDP Domino blue screen a Windows2000 server??
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:16:44 -0700
Bill, off-hand I don't know why those mutex-related messages came up. If
those can be reliably reproduced, then a call to technical support might
be in order (sorry, but there are a lot of unknowns that prevent an "aha,
here is your problem" kind of answer). But I don't see how those messages
would trigger a blue screen, and in fact, their presence with the
blue-screen could merely be coincidental. That is, maybe there are two
separate issues at work that just happened to come up at the same time.
Again, if you want to pursue the cause (which I think is a good idea),
your best bet is to analyze the memory.dmp file that was (hopefully)
captured to find the failing module, and go on from there. In fact,
further diagnosis of the blue screen is not possible without that
analysis, since you otherwise have no idea what module crashed. Proper
diagnosis has to start with the failing module, and the dump presented to
the owner of that module, so they can figure out what triggered the kernel
exception.

Notes: If this was an upgrade of an existing TSM installation, then unless
care was taken to stop all running instances of the client executables, a
reboot would be required to complete the install. If the reboot was not
done, then the client installation would be unstable until the reboot. If
online image or OFS support was enabled, a reboot would likewise need to
have been done.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-25
12:04:34: