ADSM-L

Anyone seen TDP Domino blue screen a Windows2000 server??

2005-08-24 20:55:27
Subject: Anyone seen TDP Domino blue screen a Windows2000 server??
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:55:00 -0400
I was at a client site today doing a TSM implementation and we installed the
TSM 5.3.0.8 client followed by the 5.3 TDP Domino
agent. Running the domdsmc I was able to changeadsmpwd, query adsm, query
domino and actually do some selective backups. I then went
into the DSMC client and ran a QUERY SESSION. I then installed the CAD, RCA and
scheduler services. What was strange on that was
that the dsmcutil installed the services but failed to validate the password.
Looking int he dsmerror.log file I saw some error
messages about Mutex something-or-other. The services were working as I ran a
client action on the node.

When I tried to do a backup using the TDP DOmino GUI, I selected a couple files
and clicked backup. The dialog came up, but never
started. I never got a session with the TSM server and the Stop button wouldn't
function.

I then went into the web gui, clicked backup and after replying to the password
prompt, the box blue screened with a
kmode_kernal_mode_exception. These people were not happy. Blaming TSM.

In over 7-years working with the product I have never seen the client take down
a server like that. Anyone actually seen something
like this??

Bill Boyer
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??