ADSM-L

Re: sysback backup procedure on TSM and client server

2005-08-24 10:52:15
Subject: Re: sysback backup procedure on TSM and client server
From: goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:51:57 +0200
well, i do ... :-)
it's simple and works very very good
directly to tape ... :-)

peace,
goran

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Clark" <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:31 PM

Yeah, I haven't found the TSM integrated features of SYSBACK very
useful.

We do cron scheduled SYSBACKS to a common area on the sysback server,
then do a TSM scheduled archive delete of the area.

We stagger our sysbacks for our nodes over the days of the week to get
all of them done weekly.

goran.k AT VIP DOT HR 08/24/2005 9:22:08 AM >>>
hi,
what do you mean it doesnt work ?
you have to give us some clues, error messages and so on ...
i'm doing over 60 sysbacks to TSM via crontab scripts

goran