ADSM-L

Volumes in copypool, but not in DRM?

2005-08-23 12:07:45
Subject: Volumes in copypool, but not in DRM?
From: Cory Heikel <cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:07:10 -0400
Oh Wise Ones,

I am a bit perplexed. I have 64 volumes that are in one of my copypools
that are not in the drmedia table. I noticed the problem when looking
through last night's dr recovery plan. Server is 5.1.9 running on aix
5.1.

All of these volumes show up in the copystgpool.volumes.destroyed
macro.

None of them show up in a q drm. (source=none, dbb, or dbs)

Vohistory shows them in a variety of states: stgnew, stgdelete, and
backupfull.

Q cont shows what appears to be valid data on the volumes.

All of these volumes have been written to within the last week.

Question:

Any ideas as to how I could have gotten into this mess and/or how I can
get out of it?

thanks,
cory

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.