ADSM-L

Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)

2005-08-19 22:30:30
Subject: Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)
From: Nghia Tran Dai <NghiaTD2 AT FPT.COM DOT VN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:29:49 +0700
Hi Mike,

I read "Using TDP for Microsoft Exchange server" redbook, and in 7.3.2 Disaster
recovery for Exchange 2000 mentions :

"Reinstall Exchange using setup /DisasterRecovery. Assure that all

originally installed components are selected with the Disaster Recovery

option. Exchange must be installed to the same drive as originally."

When you perform BMR for Exchange server, did you reinstall Microsoft Exchange ?

However, in the  "Disaster Recovery Strategies with Tivoli Storage Management"
redbook , Chapter 9: Overview of bare metal recovery techniques  wrote " The
next several chapters will document different techniques used to perform bare
metal recoveries (recovery of a machine’s entire set of data, including
operating system, applications and data files) on a variety of platforms.

Could you explain more detail about it, pls ?

Thank you in advance,

Nghiat