ADSM-L

Re: Destroyed Tape

2005-08-18 11:55:31
Subject: Re: Destroyed Tape
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:54:58 -0700
Hi Laura,

It is more helpful when making technical inquiries to include all the
specific information about your problem, including the full text of the
message you are receiving. :-)

In this case, I am guessing that you are receiving message ANR1425W. If
so, the information for this message that already is supplied with TSM
should be of help. From the Admin command line interface, you can issue
this command:

   HELP <messagenumber>

Where <messagenumber> is the message you are receiving. More specifically:

   HELP ANR1425W

That will give you further information about this message, including:
message text, message explanation, system action, and user response. The
"user response" part often contains suggestions for how to proceed. In the
case of ANR1425W, it does give specific commands you can try.

See if that helps.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-18
08:30:38: