ADSM-L

Re: enterprise setup

2005-08-15 08:53:32
Subject: Re: enterprise setup
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:53:17 -0500
I've done part of this.  One instance controls the drives
and, more important, the scratch pool. Since there are no
clients, there's no disk storage and the DB and Log fit in
the default space that comes with the installation so the
reboot time is quite quick whenever maintenance is needed.
At present, it controls two robots, a 3494 and a 3584, 14
drives, 8 3590 and 6 3592, and 4 TSM instances.