ADSM-L

Re: Mountable not in library SOLVED

2005-08-11 22:45:36
Subject: Re: Mountable not in library SOLVED
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:43:07 -0400
Richard,

Thanks!!!

Here's what I did...

tsm: PROVTSM>move media 307119 stg=eagletape wherestate=MOUNTABLENotinlib
WHERESTATUs=FULl

tsm: PROVTSM>checkin libvol eaglelib search=yes checklabel=barcode
status=private

The volume is now available and mounted in the library

DaveZ

                      Richard Sims
                      <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>             To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] Mountable
not in library
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      08/11/2005 08:40
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

On Aug 10, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Dave Zarnoch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Don't know how this may have happened, but I have several tapes
> listed as
> the following:
>
>       Volume Name: 307556
>       State: Mountable not in library
>        Location: ?
>
> I have verified that they are physically present in the library
>
> I tried to reset them using "move media", but it cannot find the tape
> to make the transition
>
> These tapes are full and are marked as "readwrite"
>
> How do I get TSM to see them again?

Dave - We're handicapped in not knowing the "cannot find" error message
        or Move Media command used or library type; but if you got an
ANR6691E error, follow the advice in ADSM QuickFacts and specify
WHERESTATUs=FULl for the command to work.

I would research the Activity Log per the timestamps in Query MEDia
Format=Detailed to see what went on then, to prevent further burbles.

    Richard Sims