ADSM-L

Re: Mountable not in library

2005-08-11 08:42:14
Subject: Re: Mountable not in library
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:40:57 -0400
On Aug 10, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Dave Zarnoch wrote:

Folks,

Don't know how this may have happened, but I have several tapes
listed as
the following:

      Volume Name: 307556
      State: Mountable not in library
       Location: ?

I have verified that they are physically present in the library

I tried to reset them using "move media", but it cannot find the tape
to make the transition

These tapes are full and are marked as "readwrite"

How do I get TSM to see them again?

Dave - We're handicapped in not knowing the "cannot find" error message
       or Move Media command used or library type; but if you got an
ANR6691E error, follow the advice in ADSM QuickFacts and specify
WHERESTATUs=FULl for the command to work.

I would research the Activity Log per the timestamps in Query MEDia
Format=Detailed to see what went on then, to prevent further burbles.

   Richard Sims