ADSM-L

DR copy volume not ejecting

2005-08-10 07:33:35
Subject: DR copy volume not ejecting
From: will aire <waire AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:17:18 +0000
Hi,
We currently run TSM server 5.2 and have customised the system for DR using
SQL and korn shell scripts. Works o.k. We've recently been running low on
Scratch tapes, and occassionaly i add bits of new scratch in five's
sometimes ten. The problem i have been experiencing lately is when we eject
the copy volumes for offsite storage sometimes one of the tapes in the list
would not get ejected. The activity logs shows tape being used " i.e vol
xxxxx currently being used". On one occassion i noticed that a combination
of low scratch and an overun of backup of primary_stgpool to copy_stgpool
would retain a copy volume and not release it for offsite storage. But what
I have noticed recently is volume xxxx not ejecting even though backups of
primary_stg to copy_stgpool was not running.
Can you please explain

Wil