ADSM-L

Re: No Multi-session restore after multi session backup

2005-08-09 12:20:09
Subject: Re: No Multi-session restore after multi session backup
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:20:00 -0700
Hi Thomas,

How multisession restore decides to use multiple sessions is somewhat
dependent on timing and other unpredictable run-time factors. There is no
guarantee two files will be restored with separate sessions (in parallel)
just because they happen to reside on two separate tapes.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-07
07:39:25: