ADSM-L

No Multi-session restore after multi session backup

2005-08-07 10:39:43
Subject: No Multi-session restore after multi session backup
From: Thomas Rupp <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:39:25 +0200
Hi *SM-ers,

TSM Server: 5.2.6.0
TSM Client: 5.3.0.0 on Windows 2003

I backup a Directory with 2 Files each 5GB in size in parallel to two
tape drives.
When I do a restore via GUI one session starts and restores file 1. When
the file
is restored and the tape drive goes idle a second session is started and
retrieves
file 2 from the other tape.
I've followed technote 1109935 regarding "multi-session restore".
Shouldn't TSM start both restore sessions at once?

I checked the setting of the RESOURCEUTILIZATION (10), the MAXNUMMP (2),
that the files are on separate tapes and don't span tapes.

I would greatly appreciate any hints so make me understand why TSM
doesn't
do what I want it to do.

Thanks in advance
Thomas Rupp