ADSM-L

Re: differences between dsmadmc output

2005-08-03 17:51:58
Subject: Re: differences between dsmadmc output
From: Dale Jolliff <Dale.Jolliff AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:51:48 -0400
The 5.3.0.0 outputs an extra header line -- the ANS message just happens
to be the last line displayed.

Changing the tail +10  to tail +11 and the output is the same between
versions.

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
08/03/2005 03:10 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: differences between dsmadmc output

I'm not sure I understand what needs to be corrected... I don't know the
history of the ANS8000I message, but from what I can gather, it is working
correctly in 5.3.

If you look up ANS8000I, you'll see it is issued when running a macro or
when running in batch mode. Since that message contains the text you are
grep-ing on, it is displayed.

You can add the -DATAONLY=YES option when invoking dsmadmc to suppress
ANS8000I and other informational messages displayed by the admin client
(barring error conditions, which are not suppressed). Try it and see if
that helps.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-03
11:52:38: