ADSM-L

Technote 1200328

2005-08-03 15:57:35
Subject: Technote 1200328
From: Debbie Bassler <Deborah_Bassler AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:49:17 -0400
This doc offers alot of information about improving performance. I'm
especially interested in this because it took 56 minutes to restore 6.24G
of data, from Novell server to Novell server, over a 100MB pipe.

Our TSM version is 5.1.1 ( I know,,,we need to upgrade)...and the client
version is 5.2.

In the dsmserv.opt file the MIRRORWRITE DB = SEQUENTIAL. According to this
doc, we'll get better performance is we change MIRRORWRITE DB to  PARALLEL.
I thought I would do this then add the DBPAGESHADOW = YES parameter. (the
MIRRORWRITE LOG = PARALLEL)

My plan is to make small changes to see if there is an impact, positive or
negative. We have 2G of virtual memory, so I changed the bufpoolsize from
262144 to 524288 and thought I'd make the MIRRORWRITE DB change also.

Has anyone made these changes and seen any performance
improvements/degredations? Any experiences or advice is welcome.....

Thanks for any input,
Debbie