ADSM-L

ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied

2005-08-03 13:23:52
Subject: ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied
From: Brad Wallace <Bradley_Wallace AT GLIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:04:44 -0400
I upgraded to TSM Server 5.2.2.0 on AIX 5.3.  After the upgrade, processes
couldn't find scratch tapes in my STK library.  My IBM library continues
to work fine.  The storage pools have max scratch set to 999999, and
there's scratch tapes in the library.

Any process requesting a scratch tape in the STK library gets the
following error:
        ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied - no scratch volume
available.

If a scratch tape is defined to the storage pool with the DEF VOL command,
then the scratch tape is recognized.

OS: AIX 5.3 maintenance level 2
TSM: 5.2.2.0
Problem library: STK 9710 with SDLT 220 drives
Functioning library: IBM 7337 with DLT 7000 drives

I'm aware of this problem with TSM 5.3.1.0 as described in IC45703
"APAR IC45703 resolves an issue where ACSLS libraries are unable to mount
scratch volumes.  ACLSL libraries will fail to mount scratch volumes,
though private volumes can be successfully mounted."
But I didn't think the problem would exist in 5.2.

I've also tried UPDATE  DEVCLASS DLTSTK1 FORMAT=DRIVES.  But that didn't
work either.

Any ideas???

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.