ADSM-L

Re: Client OS Level

2005-08-03 13:12:19
Subject: Re: Client OS Level
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:12:12 -0400
5.00 is Win2K
5.01 is WinXp
5.02 is WIn2k3 Server

(don't know why.  it just is.)

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Kevin Kinder
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:11 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Client OS Level

Server is TSM 5.1.7.0

Performing a select on the platform_name and client_os_level fields in
the nodes table yields data, but the digits in the client_os_level field
do not match with the actual version of the operating system.

Is there a chart out there that tells what "NetWare 5.7" or " Win 5.01"
equates to in real life?

I would go look at each client individually, except that

a) the number of clients we have makes that time prohibitive, and

b) believe it or not, I don't have the right to access all of the
clients remotely

If I could believe that every "Win 5.01" equates to Windows 2000, for
example, that would obviously help, but I'm not sure of that either.

TIA

*---
Kevin