ADSM-L

Re: Filelist transfered to a node

2005-08-01 08:12:00
Subject: Re: Filelist transfered to a node
From: Matthew Large <Matthew.Large AT AVIVA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:13:06 +0100
Hi Egon,

If I recall correctly, TSM will only pass the list of files from the
filesystem you request to be backed up, so in answer to your first
question - yes.

And, unless things have changed since I last checked, a file placed in the
primary pool takes between 600-800 bytes of the TSM DB and that same file
in the copy pool heirarchy takes between 200-400 bytes.

I hope that answers your questions.

Regards,
Matthew

Egon Blouder <egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET>
01/08/2005 12:53
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Filelist transfered to a node

Hi,

does TSM always download the whole filelist although I run e.g. "dsmc incr
e:" ? IMHO in that case only the filelist of e: should be download?

As far as I can remember each entry in the TSM database/filelist takes
about 500 bytes, is that correct?

Best Regards,

..--

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Aviva plc
Registered Office: St. Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ
Registered in England Number 02468686
www.aviva.com

This message and any attachments are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone
or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any
attachment from your system. Also, if you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.