ADSM-L

Re: Retaining inactive files - answered

2005-07-29 17:54:36
Subject: Re: Retaining inactive files - answered
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:54:20 -0500
... arg... I read the QuickFacts file, before posting, really I did...
just not with the right search word.  "Rebind" helped me find the answer I
needed, which is that inactive files are rebound also (assuming there is
an active file).

>Alternatively, is it possible to change the retention information of
>inactive files?  If I created a management class, and used an include
>statement in dsm.opt, would inactive versions be rebound to the new
>management class (and thus the new retention info) or just new active
>versions?

Never mind....

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860