ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle 32-bit and 64-bit

2005-07-26 15:32:07
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle 32-bit and 64-bit
From: Steve S Lafrance <stevel AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:31:59 -0400
Hi Ram !
If you desire to backup Oracle 32 bits...you then need TDP and TSM API 32
bits version.
If you desire to backup Oracle 64 bits...you then need TDP and TSM API 64
bits version.
In your case, you will have to install the TDP 32 and 64 bits as well as
TSM API 32 and 64 bits.
There is no issue having both bits version on the same machine. You will
use different user
with different dsmi configuration in the user envoironment.

Best Regards, Steve

"Gollakota, Ram" <ram.gollakota AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>