ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle 32-bit and 64-bit

2005-07-26 15:21:40
Subject: TDP for Oracle 32-bit and 64-bit
From: "Gollakota, Ram" <ram.gollakota AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:06:17 -0500
I am in a bit of bind here and am wondering if anyone can help. Here is my
environment:

OS AIX 5.2 64-bit kernel

Oracle 9.2.0.5 64-bit

Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 32-bit (I have both versions of Oracle running and have
databases at both levels)

TDP for Oracle 5.2 64-bit

The problem I am running into is that database backups for 9i run fine. When
it comes to running 8i backups they fail. I am guessing this is because of
32-bit oracle trying to use 64-bit TDP. My question is can I have both TDP
32-bit and 64-bit running at the same time? If so, do I need to be doing
some special configuration? What kind of problems should I expect? Is there
a work around solution to use 64-bit TDP libraries without having to install
32-bit TDP code?

Any insights would be helpful.

Thank you,

Ram