ADSM-L

Re: Journaling on win2000 servers

2005-07-21 14:25:07
Subject: Re: Journaling on win2000 servers
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:24:46 -0400
Benefits of journaling are for filesystems that are very large and hard
for TSM to traverse searching for what needs to be backed up.

I can't see any benefit to journaling the C: drive, if all that you have
there is your OS and application code - generally less than 50000 files.
Not much benefit, and just another thing to cause complications if you
have to diagnose a backup failure.

But I would be interested in other opinions..

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)