ADSM-L

Re: ANR2997W which log is 'server log'

2005-07-21 12:17:50
Subject: Re: ANR2997W which log is 'server log'
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:17:26 -0500
> 2) Why am I getting these messages? I can't find any setting that
> says 80 is a magic number that makes sense for this message.

Well, because your processing is filling the Recovery Log.
See topic "Recovery Log filling" in ADSM QuickFacts for factors.
We all have to boost DB and Recovery Log space as our systems evolve
and there's more going on in the TSM server each day.

----

I understand that the recovery log is filling because of processing that
is going on. But what confuses me is that my recovery log space trigger is
90, and my DB backup trigger is 85. Why do I start getting these messages
at 80? Is that an undocumented threshold? Should I move my space triggers,
or my DB backup trigger below 80?

I read some of the ADSM QuickFacts file before posting, but I guess I
missed the 80+ notation before.

Thanks.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860