ADSM-L

Re: Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server - Client Schedule Question

2005-07-21 10:13:26
Subject: Re: Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server - Client Schedule Question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:12:39 -0400
Martin,

Please read the appendix in the User's Guide about
setting up scheduled operations for Data Protection for Exchange.
You need to define the schedules as ACTION=COMMAND type schedules
not INCREMENTAL or SELECTIVE. You aren't backing up what you think
you are with your currently defined "ACTION=INCREMENTAL" schedule.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/21/2005
09:44:40 AM:

> Hello,
>
> at the moment we are testing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
> Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server.
> Our Windows Echange Server Administrator want's to do backup by a
> strategy of full plus incremental backups like described in the
> Installation and User's Guide.
> I've already defined a schedule that runs every day with
ACTION=INCREMENTAL.