ADSM-L

Re: ANR2997W which log is 'server log'

2005-07-21 08:21:02
Subject: Re: ANR2997W which log is 'server log'
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:19:42 -0400
On Jul 20, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Nancy Reeves wrote:

1) Is the "server log" in ANR2997W the recovery log? Until I did some
digging to ask this question, I thought it might have meant the
activity
log.

Yes; Recovery Log.  The server messages need some IBM editing.
The Activity Log is an element of the TSM database.

2) Why am I getting these messages? I can't find any setting that
says 80
is a magic number that makes sense for this message.

Well, because your processing is filling the Recovery Log.
See topic "Recovery Log filling" in ADSM QuickFacts for factors.
We all have to boost DB and Recovery Log space as our systems evolve
and there's more going on in the TSM server each day.

   Richard Sims