ADSM-L

Re: "forcing" laptop backups ?

2005-07-18 12:48:27
Subject: Re: "forcing" laptop backups ?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:47:45 -0700
I would recommend that you look up the settings in the TSM admin reference
(or type HELP DEFINE SCHEDULE from the admin command line). Assuming that
you have done that, if you can let me know what you do not understand, I
will try to explain further.

> i'm confused how the schedule on laptop shoould run, as
> service configured trough wizard or dsmcad service,
> what's the difference ?

There really isn't a difference, as these are two separate (albeit
related) topics.

The Setup Wizard guides you through setting up a client scheduler for your
machine. Using the dsmcad service to manage the scheduler is simply one
available technique for managing the scheduler service. For a new
scheduler, one of the options available to you in the Setup Wizard is
whether to use the CAD to manage the scheduler.

The client manual has information on this subject as well. I would
recommend that you read Chapter 2 "Configuring Tivoli Storage Manager",
section "Configuring the client scheduler" for information on this
subject. Again, after doing so, post what you do not understand in the
manual, and I will try to explain further.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-07-18
06:49:05: