ADSM-L

Re: Can not start TSM client after upgrade

2005-07-12 15:57:13
Subject: Re: Can not start TSM client after upgrade
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:56:12 -0400
> I upgraded one of our HPUX clients from version 5.2.3 to version 5.3.0
> today. I did an uninstall and then installed the new client like it said.
> When I issue the dsmc
> command to start a session I receive the following error.
>
> ANS0101E unable to open English message repository dsmclientv3.cat
>
> I installed as root and was still logged on as root when I was trying to
> start the session. I did see in the instructions that it must have an
> errorlog, which I did create using touch. Any help would be appreciated

Is the HP-UX system running on PA-RISC hardware or Itanium hardware?
We have attempted to install the PA-RISC version of this client level
using files downloaded from two different IBM sites and files from a
CD-ROM ordered from IBM. In every case the install process failed with
messages indicating a packaging error.