ADSM-L

Can not start TSM client after upgrade

2005-07-12 15:44:54
Subject: Can not start TSM client after upgrade
From: Mike Anderson <mfanderson AT HEALTH-PARTNERS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:38 -0400
I upgraded one of our HPUX clients from version 5.2.3 to version 5.3.0
today. I did an uninstall and then installed the new client like it said.
When I issue the dsmc
command to start a session I receive the following error.

ANS0101E unable to open English message repository dsmclientv3.cat

I installed as root and was still logged on as root when I was trying to
start the session. I did see in the instructions that it must have an
errorlog, which I did create using touch. Any help would be appreciated

Mike Anderson
Associate Systems Engineer - Midrange
Catholic Healthcare Partners - Information Technologies
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.