ADSM-L

Server is downlevel error

2005-07-12 14:27:16
Subject: Server is downlevel error
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:26:44 -0400
Hi Everybody,

I'm encoutering another strange issue with my Windows 2003 boxes.

I get the error ANS5186E Server is downlevel, System Services and System State
backup disabled for this session when trying to connect using the Web GUI.

I did some more research , and found the following :

Because the client is at a higher level than the server ( your client is at
5.2.2 and the server is at 5.1.Level 1.6 ), getting the server is downlevel
message is a known issue. The only way to resolve it is to upgrade the server.
Another thing is if you don't want to see the message, is to add the
BACKUPREGISTRY no entry in your dsm.opt file.

I tried the BACKUPREGISTRY as well as the EXCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECT and
EXCLUDE.SYSTEMSTATE parameters with no luck. I always get the error. Is there
anything that can be done in the interim ? We will be upgrading the TSM server
but not for another few months.

Rich