ADSM-L

Re: Client for Win 64 bits, Xeon CPU ?

2005-07-12 11:46:56
Subject: Re: Client for Win 64 bits, Xeon CPU ?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:46:40 -0700
Hi Arnaud,

The 64-bit TSM client is only for Itanium processors; it is not compatible
with Xeon. Support for Xeon is currently targeted for some time later this
quarter (think "September"). Stuff the legal guys would want me to say:
Note that this is not a formal announcement or commitment, but just our
best estimate at this time.

Also, the 32-bit client cannot be used on Xeon when using 64-bit Windows.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-07-12
00:04:21: