ADSM-L

TSM Storage Agent goes bye-bye

2005-07-12 09:39:42
Subject: TSM Storage Agent goes bye-bye
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:39:32 -0400
Hi LIst,

        TSM Server 5.2.4 on AIX 5.3
        TSM Client 5.2.0 on AIX 5.2
        TSM STA 5.2.4 on AIX 5.2

        Just wondering if any other LAN Free users out there have periodic
problems withe there LAN Free backup not working.  Backup still works over
IP, but obviously I would prefer the LAN free path.  I have seen this on
all of my LAN free clients at different times. I do not see any errors in
DSMERROR, DSMSTA.ERR, or DSMSCHED.LOG. The LAN free connection just seems
to go off into Never Never Land  I suspect a network anomaly is at the
heart of it, but was wondering if anybody else has similar experiences.
Maybe a script to periodically cycle the DSMSTA and DSMC SCHED would fix
this,  but would prefer to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance

Dave