ADSM-L

ADSM-L archives

2005-07-11 15:39:05
Subject: ADSM-L archives
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:38:56 -0400
I've got nothing against the forum maintainers, but the forum format is
absolutely hideous for searching for anything.  How about a usenet archive
instead of the forum nonsense?

http://gmane.org/faq.php

we could import the archives, and just have the entire corpus of messages
sanely and consistently accessible, rather than fragmenting our discussions
into hundreds of different threads which need to be individually investigated.

For those new to the 'net, USENET was the forum system to end all forum
systems, way predating the web.  It was sufficiently successful and easy to
use that it was promptly buried in SPAM.  But it is dramatically easier to
read, search, and process USENET articles than forum cruft.

- Allen S. Rout