ADSM-L

Re: port 1500 anomaly

2005-07-08 07:11:14
Subject: Re: port 1500 anomaly
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 07:10:01 -0400
On Jul 7, 2005, at 11:05 PM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

The port opens after a reboot but seems to be inaccessible after a
few hours
for some reason. This has just happened within the past few days,
after some
reconfiguring of the firewall (didn't hear about that one), but if
I can't
even connect from the server then I don't see the relationship there.

Geoff - I would try connecting within the server by specifying IPaddr
        127.0.0.1, rather than a network name or subnet address.
If that hangs, then it sounds like either a process problem or a
TCP/IP stack problem.  But I suspect that it will work, which would then
point to problems with your firewalled private subnet (192.168).
Given that someone monkeyed with the firewall settings without
coordination, that would seem to be the area that needs attention.

  Richard Sims