ADSM-L

ISC Passwords..

2005-07-08 01:59:16
Subject: ISC Passwords..
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 01:51:38 -0400
Have any of you attempted to tie your ISC IDs into existing ID structures?

We've got an extant single-sign-on system here at UF, and while people are
swallowing the 'separate ID for TSM' thing pretty well, I don't think I can
ask people to maintain -two- IDs to administer TSM.  At least, not with a
straight face.

I know that the ISC can participate in the Tivoli "Federated Identity Buy Lots
of software and trust us" system.  This implies that they've architected the
system to permit it to refer to some outside entity for authentication.

I've got a few PMRs in on the topic, but haven't had any luck yet.

- Allen S. Rout