ADSM-L

ISC console help

2005-07-08 00:53:38
Subject: ISC console help
From: Kathy Mitton <kmitton AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:53:25 -0700
There are 2 distinct ids/passwords.  The ISC id and password you created
during install logs you into the ISC environment.  Once inside ISC, when
you configure your TSM server connection, you will specify a TSM
administrator id and password.  Lets say you have 3 TSm servers you are in
charge of.  You will have 1 ISC id.  You will create a server connection
for each TSM server (and you might have a different TSM id and password on
each server).  The connection information and credentials will be stored
for you in the ISC database.  After that 1 time setup, you will only need
to sign on using your ISC id and each time you do something to TSM, the
appropriate admin id/pw will be retrieved and used.

Unfortunately the tutorials don't work on AIX as there is no flash player.
 You can download and review the tutorials here:
http://www.ibm.com/software/tivoli/library/demos/storage-mgr.html The
tutorial on adding a server connection explains this.