ADSM-L

Re: remote vaulting

2005-07-07 17:01:18
Subject: Re: remote vaulting
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:01:04 -0400
Depends on what you mean by "remote".
We have just set up a tape library for our "offsite" tapes.

But we're within range to use fibre, so as far as TSM is concerned, it's
really a "local" tape library, even though it's physically in another
building.  Ideal situation, if the fibre limits meet your DR
requirements.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)