ADSM-L

Re: Label reading problems 3584 library

2005-07-05 09:16:58
Subject: Re: Label reading problems 3584 library
From: James Skinner <JSKINNER AT KUMC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:01:36 -0500
Include both lto1 and lto2 in the same tape pool showing the same
capacity. The lto1's will still write at their capacity. In
transitioning to lto2 just manually mark the lto1's read only and later
destroyed. This will allow you to eventually be all lto2's if that is
what you wish to transition to.

Jim Skinner
Information Technology Systems
Mail Stop 4022
Kansas University Hospital
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City KS 66160
913-588-4787

>>> Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM 7/3/2005 4:26:51 PM >>>
Hi David,

In a perfect world I would been able to give the volume range to use.
In
this world some one ordered the LTO2 tapes with labels in the same
range
as our LTO1 tapes. Because we asked for 400 tapes, they ordered 200,
so
we are forced to use our LTO1 tapes in this LTO2 partition.

Quick fix, we use the L1/L2 to be out of harms way.

So, even if this wonder boy will be the one ordering the LTO3 tapes,
it
will not hurt us....

Regards,

Karel